Your money. Your future. Our help.
The Center for Financial Wellness helps students improve money management skills through one-on-one appointments, presentations, and online resources.
Connect With Us Today:
Student Job Opportunity- Financial Wellness Peer Guides!
Peer guides are enrolled undergraduate UTK students who work with the Center for Financial Wellness to help other students gain skills and confidence in managing their personal finances. Peer Guides receive extensive training so they are well informed, prepared and confident in peer mentoring.
- Eligible for Federal Work-Study (FWS)
- Undergraduate student at UTK in good academic and financial standing
We are looking for students with these qualities:
- Enjoy helping other students feel more connected to UTK and manage stress
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Can maintain confidentiality
- Aware and sensitive to cultural diversity
- Able to communicate and interact with people of all ages, backgrounds and cultures
We want the role of Peer Guide to be more than just a job for students. Our goal is to support our peer guides through hands-on experience and learning that will be impactful now and for their professional future. We strive to equip our Peer Guides with growth opportunities in these areas:
- Professional & personal growth
- Peer advisory experience
- Experience working with a diverse population of students and professionals
- Involvement in the UTK community
*Note: You must be successfully cleared and added to the UT payroll system by the Human Resources department through Federal Work-Study requirements before you can be hired for a position.
One Stop Student Services—Enjoy assistance with enrollment, academic records, financial aid, and making payments.
Center for Health Education and Wellness—Explore the many ways Vols help Vols.
UT Extension—Improve your quality of life and solve problems where you live and work in Tennessee.
Center for Career Development—Achieve career success through education and empowerment.
Smokey’s Pantry—Visit this pantry that offers free food and hygiene products to students, faculty, and staff. No ID or qualifying information is required.